Europe needs a common vision for the future of its agriculture
On March 6th 2018, Farm Europe presented at the European Parliament in Brussels the results and recommendations of the Global Food Forum 2017, which draws on a year of consultations and discussions among stakeholders.
“We need a truly common European approach to build a shared ambition, to secure the integrity of the internal market and to ensure solidarity between territories”, stressed Massimiliano Giansanti, President of Confagricoltura and of the GFF 2017.
The GFF2017 report highlights 5 key actions that needs to be included in the future CAP (full report available here Report Global Food Forum 2017 FINAL) in order to boost the economic and environmental performance of EU agri-food systems:
- A six-years action plan for economic & environmental performance, focusing on the precision and digital green revolution ;
- A coherent set of complementary tools to strengthen the resilience of EU farms with a proper tool box of risk management tools associated with a renewed crisis reserve for crisis management ;
- A territorial balance of agriculture secured by sectorial integrated strategies supported by investments levers;
- A cooperation spirit within the food chain via proper competition law ;
- And overall a fair, simple & direct relation between the CAP and farmers with a clear EU legal framework associated.
Um total de 146 operacionais apoiados por quatro meios aéreos está a combater um incêndio que deflagrou hoje na zona de Bensafrim, em Lagos, no Algarve, disse à Lusa […]
RPK Biopharma – a global pharmaceutical company wishing to recruit an Agricultural Engineer (M / F) to assist our growing team. […]
A ministra da Agricultura apresentou hoje em Nelas a rede de inovação para o setor, projeto que vai atentar aos desafios do futuro, como alterações climáticas ou desigualdades sociais e territoriais. […]