On Friday, 25 June 2021, Parliament, Council and Commission negotiators reached an informal political deal on the EU Farm policy from 2023 onwards.
This Q&A provides further information on:
- the measures that farmers should take to better protect the environment,
- how to make EU farm policy fairer,
- how to help farmers on the ground by providing targeted advice,
- who should get EU-funded direct payments,
- how much flexibility national governments will have in transferring EU money,
- how to better prepare farmers to cope with future crises,
- what rules will change regarding the wine sector,
- whether meat and dairy-related terms can be applied to plant-based products, and
- how to control compliance with EU rules more effectively while cutting red tape.
O artigo foi publicado originalmente em Parlamento Europeu.