About the Vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious Technical Grower, who wants to become part of our R&D Farming team. R&D Farming is responsible for the execution of research trials designed by breeders, variety developers, nursery or applied research.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is to grow the best crop possible to ensure expressing the full potential of new genetic material.”
The Technical Grower will help to gain knowledge in growing the crop to bring value to the entire district and enterprise with expertise in new genetic material or growing applications.
You have responsibilities in different areas, such as:
- Be a key member of the test plot team;
- Work with the test plot manager to implement best growing practice and ensure the crops are grown to the highest possible standard of agronomy;
- Strive to innovate and adapt new growing techniques to improve the quality of the crops;
- Regularly walk the crops for pests and diseases ensuring sustainable control methods are in place;
- Design and manage fertilizer programmes for all crops, both in substrate and soil production systems, working with the irrigation team to ensure crops receive the correct nutrition programmes;
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the design of trials to enable best possible execution;
- Keep tracking on relevant technical records and meet certification requirements;
- Be part of the test plot planning team and generate a clear work strategy for farming each crop each week;
- Regularly visit growers to improve your understanding of commercial best practice so that you are aware of changing methods within the Portuguese soft fruit industry.
You will work mainly from the Test Plot in Portugal. As your co-workers our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent.
- Pre-Graduate or Master Degree in Agronomic Engineering
- 3 -5 years of experience in horticulture required. Experience with berry crops, irrigation systems and substrate production is preferred.
- Experience with implementing IPM (Integrated pest management) systems is also preferred.
The ideal candidate is a team player, with an open-mind and flexible attitude towards working hours, due to the seasonal nature of the crops, responding positively to different opinions and changing priorities within the test plot. With great attention to detail and good organizational skills, the candidate should be a self-starter, independent and good problem solver, with great communication skills.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
→ Apply here ←
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ [email protected]
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated
Discussão sobre este post