Production Supervisor (Supervisor de Cultivo)
CANTANHEDE – PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Please apply in English
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will work closely with the Lead Grower and other Area Supervisors to ensure the operational needs of the department are met. Key responsibility in managing labour for crop maintenance and harvesting activities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise and Mentor the Production Leads, and Production Technicians
- Work with lead grower to mentor in the training of Leads on the performance of production employees while maintaining a safe, clean and compliant workplace
- Ensure Batch Records and logbooks are maintained with on time entry and documentation are completed in relation to tasks and processes
- Ensure Labour Tracking data and matrixes are submitted on time to the Production Scheduler and/or Administrative Assistant
- Consistently evaluate worker safety, quality, SOP compliance and schedule status
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and safety
- Provide leadership for problem and conflict resolution
- Participate in and coordinate with Growers on Pre-Harvest Meetings
- Coordinate and lead morning meetings and toolbox talks for Production Technicians and Leads
- Participate in Daily Planning Meetings in coordination with other Supervisors and Growers under the Production Manager
- Organize and execute plant production activities
- Ensure Greenhouse sanitation is completed and minor cleaning is performed as needed by Cultivation technicians during the crop cycle in coordination with Lead Grower
- Communicate to the Production Manager and/or Lead Grower current work status and subsequent deviation within established timelines
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental SOP’s
- Any other duty deemed essential as requested by the Production Manager
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- 2 years work experience in a supervisory role and 2 years work experience in horticulture (cannabis or other plants) prefereably
- Able to determine and prioritize proper team size per activity
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Willing to take on worker safety liabilities while in a Supervisory role
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
Subscreva aqui a nossa newsletter emprego!
Publique aqui a sua oferta de emprego.